GPX1 Boost Ingredients
The GPX-1 SNP is supported by extra selenium with other ingredients that specifically scavenge hydrogen peroxide radicals and/or help increase glutathione peroxidase activity.
- GPX-1 is a seleniumprotein, meaning it incorporates selenium into its protein structure. It has been established that selenium deficiencies reduce GPX-1 activity.26,27
Citrus Bioflavonoids (Naringin, Hesperidin)
- Naringin has been shown to suppress DNA damage induced by hydrogen peroxide.18
- Hesperidin has been shown to protect against the damaging effects of hydrogen peroxide.19,20
Ginkgo leaf and Astragulus Root
- Specific activity against hydrogen peroxide-induced lipid peroxidation and cell death.21,22
- Silymarin reduces oxidative stress caused by hydrogen peroxide as well as increases the antioxidant activity of various antioxidant enzymes including GPX1.23
Anthocyanins (from blueberries, black currants, and grapes)
- An enormous amount of research confirms the antioxidant activity of anthocyanins. These include promoting cardiovascular health, and protection against oxidative stress.
Tumeric Extract (Curcumin)
- Dietary curcumin has shown to enhance serum GPX activity and lower blood lipid peroxide levels in animals.24
Alpha Lipoic Acid
- Animal studies have shown that dietary alpha lipoic acid supplementation increases GPX activity.25,26
- 18. Kanno S, et al. J Pharmacol Sci. 2003 Jun;92(2):166-70.
- 19. Chen MC, et al. J Agric Food Chem. 2010 Mar 24;58(6):3330-5.
- 20. Kalpana KB, et al. Mol Cell Biochem. 2009 Mar;323(1-2):21-9.
- 21. Sarikcioglu SB, et al. Phytother Res. 2004. 18(10):837-40.
- 22. Wang D, et al. Zhongguo Zong Yao Za Zhi. 1996. 21(12):746-8.
- 23. Kiruthiga PV, et al. Chemosphere. 2007. 68(8):1511-8.
- 24. Manjunatha H, et al. Lipids. 2007. 42(12):1133-42.
- 25. Martim AC, et al. J Nutr Biochem. 2003. 14(5):288-94.
- 26. El Midaoui A, et al. Hypertension. 2002. 39(2):303-307.
This information is for educational purposes only. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.