MMP-1 Boost Ingredients
The MMP-1 SNP is supported by a combination of ingredients that help support healthy collagen, protect it against free radical damage, help manage MMP-1 (collagenase) activity and support overall skin health.
Tomato Powder (Lycopene)
- Lycopene quenches singlet-oxygen resulting from direct absorption of UV radiation. Singlet-oxygen causes free radical damage to the collagen in the skin.
- Research suggests that reduced lycopene concentrations in the skin lead to higher risk for sunlight-induced skin damage.
- Clinical trial reported daily supplementation with lycopene-containing tomato paste for 10 weeks resulted in 40% less artificially-induced sunburn than the control group.27
Grape See Extract (Polyphenols/OPCs)
- OPCs protect and stabilize collagen by increasing the cross-linkage of collagen fibril.28
- Polyphenols prevent excessive cross-linking which leads to stiff, brittle collagen tissue.
- Multiple small exposures to UV leads to sustained elevations of collagenase and OPCs inhibit the activity of collagenase.29
White Tea Extract (Polyphenols, Catechins)
- Studies have shown an inhibitory effect of tea polyphenols, particularly EGCG, on the action of collagenase.30,31
- 27. Stahl, W, et al. Journal of Nutrition. 2001. 131:1449-1451.
- 28. Masquerlier J, et al. Acta Ther. 1981;7:101–105.
- 29. Bombardelli E, et al. BioFactors 1997. 6:429-431.
- 30. Madhan B, et al. Int J Bio Macromol. 2007. 41(1):16-22.
- 31. Bae JY, et al. Food Chem Toxicol. 2008. 46(4):1298-1307.
This information is for educational purposes only. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.