MTHFR Boost Ingredients
The MTHFR SNP is supported by reduced folate, the bioactive form of folate, as well as ingredients recommended for maintaining healthy homocysteine levels and supporting overall cardiovascular health.
Trimethylglycine (also known as TMG or Betaine)
- TMG is a key compound for the conversion of homocysteine to methionine51 and therefore supports healthy homocysteine levels.52,53
- TMG also enhances the activity of the B Vitamins.
- Choline is oxidized in the body to form TMG.
- Similar to TMG, choline supports healthy homocysteine levels.57,78
Choline and Trimethylglycine
- Epidimiological studies suggest that long term dietary intake of betaine and choline supports cardiovascular health59 and helps to maintain healthy homocysteine levels.60
Reduced Folate (5-methyltetrahydrofolic acid)
- Reduced folate is the bioactive form of folate.
- Supplementation with reduced folate as 5-methyltetrahydrofolic acid has been shown to support healthy homocysteine levels in women with a SNP on the MTHFR gene compared to folic acid.61
- 57. Chiuve S, et al. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 2007. 86(4):1073:81.
- 58. Detopoulou P, et al. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 2008. 87(2):424-30.
- 59. Rajaie S, et al. ARYA Atheroscler. 2011. 7(2):78-86.
- 60. Chiuve S, et al. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 2007. 86(4):1073-81.
- 61. Fohr IP, et al. Am J Clin Nutr. 2002. 75(2):275-82.
This information his for educational purposes only. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.