PON-1 Boost Ingredients
The PON-1 SNP is supported by ingredients that help maintain healthy lipid levels, manage PON-1 activity and support overall cardiovascular health.
Mushroom Extracts (Polysaccharides)
- Reishi mushroom contains compounds shown to support healthy lipid levels in animals.74,75
- *Similar effects wre seen with Maitake76,77 and Shitake79,78 mushrooms.
- Numerous epidemiological studies (e.g. Nurses’ Health Study) have shown correlations between increased consumption of Vitamin E from diet and/or supplementation and a healthy heart.79,80
- Vitamin E functions as an antioxidant in preventing the oxidation of LDL.
- Animal studies have shown that Vitamin E supports healthy lipid metabolism and increased PON-1 activity.81,82
- Vitamin E has been shown to help reverse exercise-induced reduction of serum PON-1.83
- 74. Chen WQ, et al. Zhongguo Zhon Yao Za Shi. 2005. 30(17):1358-60.
- 75. Hajjaj H, et al. 2005. 71(7):3653-8.
- 76. Kubo K, et al. Biol Pharm Bull. 1997. 20(7):781-5.
- 77. Fukushima M, et al. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2001. 226(8):758-65.
- 78. Yamada T, et al. J Atheroscler Thromb. 2002. 9(3):149-56.
- 79. Emmert DH, et al. Arch Fam Med. 1999. 8(6):537-42.
- 80. Pryor WA. Free Radic Biol Med. 2000. 28(1):141-64.
- 81. Jeon SM, et al. J Biochem Mol Toxicol. 2005. 19(5):336-46.
- 82. Motta S, et al. Vet J. 2009. 181(3):288-95.
- 83. Tsakiris S, et al. Eur J Clin Nut. 2009. 63:215-221.
This information is for educational purposes only. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.